Friday, January 11, 2013

Gots to have tunes!

So, some authors have to have peace and quiet when they write, but not me. I have to have my tunes. I'm worthless without them.  I can't focus, I can barely string five words together without it. I don't have a favorite artist per se but a favorite station, as I listen to iheartradio on the computer. Right now I have a Billy Joel station selected as I work on Gabriel's Light.  Here's some of the eye candy I listen to....

The incomparable Billy Joel - a story teller
 I love his music, whether it's Songs from an Italian Restaurant or Good-bye Saigon
he has a knack for telling a story with his lyrics.  Not to mention he's a wonderful songwriter.

Bryan Adams - the bad boy from Canada
 I fell in love with this guy the first time I heard the song Everything I do from 
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.  I must've played it to death. 

Iconic 80's Band from the Bay Area
 Who doesn't recall Journey?  Whether it's Separate Ways or Don't Stop Believing it 
inspiration can be found in their music.
Stevie Knicks - songstress extrodinaire

First with Fleetwood Mac, she couldn't be contained 
and moved onto a solo career.  Ethereal and petite, she has a voice that doesn't quit.
Landslide is one of my favorite songs by her. 
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, MY ALL TIME FAVORITE....
The iconic Phil Collins
My kids know him as the guy that wrote the soundtrack 
for Tarzan but I remember when he was crooning with
Genesis, singing I Can't Dance.  As he moved onto a single career which 
almost eclipsed his success with Genesis. You're No Son of Mine is my favorite song.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it easy easier to concentrate with background noise-it forces you to focus on what you are doing. I did that a lot when studying,
    suzzyrph@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, I'll have to agree with you there. Whether it's working at home or in the last factory I worked at, music just makes you work better.

    ReplyDelete