Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Upcoming Changes...

They say everything around you is constantly changing, that things you didn't think you'd ever do, you're now contemplating.  And that's no less true for me.  Over the past year, I've had some major changes in my personal life. Not only has my middle child (a self confessed cutter) been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, my marriage of twenty years fell apart, and I became a single mom to three teenagers.  Oh my how things have changed.  But this post isn't about how life screwed me over, it's about carrying on and making the changes needed to fit my new life. 

Like having to re-enter the workforce.  As much as I love writing and doing all those homebody things, it doesn't provide enough to cover the costs of raising my kids.  So back to the retail world I've gone.  I will admit it is nice to get out of the house and I do truly enjoy my job. I love working with the public and helping customers find what they need.  I even get an hour lunch so I can go home and have dinner with my kids. 

My new life has also brought some changes to my writing.  A few of you may have noticed that my Excessica books have been slowly disappearing.  That's because I asked for my rights back to them - and let me assure you it has nothing to do with how the company is run or anything to do with Selena Kitt. We are parting on good terms and I hope that one day in the future I'll be able to publish with her again. She's been a totally awesome boss - it's just that I need more flexibility with my writing and control over the income coming in.  (Monthly versus quarterly). 

So what does that mean?  Some of my books, like my Doms of Chicago books will be back up on Amazon and other vendors by the end of July, but others...like my older stories will stay down as I rework and expand some of my short stories. These stories are some of my oldest work and are in definite need of some polishing. Which leads me to my new line: Naughty Tidbits.  

This line will be all quick reads that will be 8-10K in length.  Short, sassy, steamy reads that you can devour on your lunch break.   The first book in this new series will be a revised version of the Chocolate Made Me Do It and should be available July 15th.  This short story was my debut release with Excessica.  I've thoroughly enjoyed revisiting Zephyrus and Annabelle and have decided to share a sneak peak of their revised opening scene along with the new yummy  cover art in my post tomorrow....so be sure to watch for it.  

Dakota





©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment