Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Random Tuesday {1}: Amen, Sista....


I don't usually get up on my soap box, but late last night while I was surfing Facebook, I came across a graphic that had me saying "amen, sista".  All too often I get the look, or even worse the lecture when a friend or co-worker finds out that I enjoy writing BDSM (to the point I'm a published author).   Is it because I happen to live in Small Town, USA? I have no idea.   Is it because FSoG is so popular right now?  Maybe.  

In the end, I guess it really doesn't matter why peeps confuse consensual BDSM with abuse - but there are times, I wish more peeps would run across the graphic below.  As a victim of sexual abuse, and an advicator of the lifestyle, there is a definitely difference. (As different as night and day, as my grams would say.) 

True BDSM (and I'm not talking about 'one true way' - the lifestyle has more flavors than your local Baskin and Robins) revolves around Safe, Sane and Consensual and usually has some type of power exchange - in other words BOTH parties want it!   

Okay, off soap box now.  I could beat it to death, but I would rather share the graphic that got me to thinking - and wishing I could print out and hand to those who are too quick to judge. 

.  
©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment