Monday, April 16, 2012

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt - Cowboy Temptation

So this week, folks, instead of having another installment of With This Heart, we have a picture prompt challenge going on, which all the contributing authors from Tuesday Tales wrote a short flash piece based on the picture below. The rules, simple it can't be over 300 words and has to be based around either this picture of hunky cowboys (for us gals) and swim suit models (for the guys) And seeing as I'm a gal, I ended up with the cowboys - major  drool! So enjoy but don't forget to click HERE to go back to Tuesday Tales for more yummy flash pieces :D 


Hooking my leg over the post, I watched – no correct that - I stared as my BFF’s brothers, all four of them were washing off in the horse trough, their torsos bare, but looking sexier than sin in jeans and hats.  Did they notice me – not likely!  I was merely the friend of their younger sister.  In fact, I was invisible as far as the male sex of the species was concerned.  My big tortoiseshell glasses hid my green eyes and my pale skin was covered in freckles.  I kept my mousy brown hair pulled back in a French braid.  At least I’d finally gotten my braces off last week.  I was the proud owner of pearly white straight teeth after months of being held captive by metal.  But they wouldn’t notice – boys never did, and hunky cowboys certainly wouldn’t.
A yell brought me out of my musings.  I’d been too busy leaning against the empty corral fence, ogling wet physiques to bother paying attention to what was going on around me.  I squealed as Reckless, their Brahma bull snorted behind me, his breath teasing the nape of my neck.  If I hadn’t been so scared out of my wits I would’ve giggled. The pen I’d thought was empty was anything but. 
“Don’t move.”  Thaddeus, the oldest ordered, approaching the fence. The younger boys entered the corral.  Hearing yelling behind me, I felt the thud of hoofs retreating as the other brothers distracted Reckless.  Cameron, the youngest, appeared at my side, hoisting me up and over the railing, scampering after me. I grunted as I hit the ground on the other side. My face heated as Thaddeus lifted me to my feet to rip a strip off my hide. This is what you get when you ogle men, Deanna. 




7 comments:

  1. Reckless would have scared the wits out of me as well. Love the names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, sounds like it could make a fun screen play

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Felt like I was right there in so few words. And the action picked up quickly. Guess they did notice her, didn't they? Well done and such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And the phrase "sexier than sin"fits these cowboys so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm pretty sure they noticed her now though not in the way she probably would've wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Nicely done! Love the last line!

    ReplyDelete