Sunday, March 4, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: March 4th


Welcome once again to my contribution to SSS.  By clicking the banner above you can make your way back to the master list for more SSS fun.  I have to say thank you to all who stop by read my humble scribbles and even are nice enough to comment. It's greatly appreciated.  With that being said, here's this week's six.  I couldn't leave you hanging from last week.  Here's Keisha's reaction to her sister's announcement that she's resigned from her job. Enjoy!


“You what!”  Keisha swung her legs around to stand and  Rena winced. This was it – her sister was going to come unglued on her. 
“Calm down, Keisha.  This is my decision and probably one of my better ones.”  Rena picked at the nonexistent lint on the cushion beneath her. 

10 comments:

  1. Obviously her sister is worried about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would she be so shocked? Must be more to it. Intriguing six.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the tension there. Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cara - yep, her sister is not only worried about her but enraged that her sister is leaving a good job because of a man. Got to love sisterly love.

    @Jenna - There may be a bit of shock involved but I would say there's a big dose of anger for her sister in there too.

    @Jessica - Yeah more than a bit of tension. Keisha isn't happy that Rena isn't happy, nor does she approve of how Rena is handling it.

    Thanks for stopping by ladies. :)

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me wonder why she didn't react the way she expected her to. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that little 'show' you did with the lint picking. Makes me think she's new to standing up for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nina - this character has shown herself in previous books to be a very - shall we say outspoken individual with a no quit attitude. So that would be why her sister is so surprised.

    @Monica - well yeah it shows her uncertainty but also how she's trying to delay telling her.

    Thanks for stopping by Ladies :)

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's now how I reacted when my sister said she'd quit her job, but then, she wants to be a full-time author. Great six, Dakota. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm, why so shocked? Wonder what went on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my husband had a similar reaction when I came home and told him I'd done that last April. I hope it works out for Keisha as well as it did for me--and that she's following her heart!

    Kally

    ReplyDelete