Sunday, February 26, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Feb 26th


Thanks for stopping by my blog again.  I, as well as the other authors who participate in SSS appreciate you taking time out of your Sunday to stop by and read our humble offerings.  Speaking of which, CLICK HERE to go back to the master list of participants.:)  With that being said, lets jump into this week's six.  I've taken a break from Retrieving Rena for the past couple of weeks, but I'm back on track now with this WIP.  This week's contribution starts out with Keisha, Rena's sister, trying to talk sense into Rena about the fact that she's sitting all alone when everyone else is at Jude's and Micah's collaring ceremony...the key word is trying...lol.



“What do you mean it doesn’t matter? You’ve made very few friends since you’ve come to Chicago and you were just coming out of your shell after what that asshole…”  
Her sister’s sass had a chuckle escaping Rena, but she didn’t want to go over for the millionth time what had happened between her and Louis Andre Vayarit III.  Or try to place the blame on anyone else but me - I was too outspoken for him in public and too needy in the bedroom.  
 “Enough...it doesn’t matter, because I handed in my resignation.”    

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you raise a lot of questions and interest in six short sentences. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting and complicated six :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing snippet. I definitely want to know more of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with the others. I'm wondering what occurred in the past and what's going to occur next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a name like Louis Andre Vayarit III, I think there's room for blame. That guy sounds like a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...alrighty then. ;-) Rena sounds like she knows her own mind. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, there's a wide range of emotions going on in these six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, wow! All I can say is I'd love to turn the page and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jessica - thanks - poor Rena is torn in which way to go, so she's trying to run.

    @Cindy - I hope so considering this in the last six of the prologue. Wanted to go for impact. :)

    @Sandra - Complicated is definitely the word, but it seems like all of my characters have degrees in it.

    @Layna - me too - I keep begging for Rena to tell me more but she's being closed mouthed today. Perhaps Jackson can talk some sense into her.

    @Cara - Well I know what happened in the past, but as for the future. I'm still trying to coax my muse into telling me. I think she took off for parts unknown...

    @Kate - even my editor told me that if he's as pompous as his name, he'll be a great villain.

    @Silver - yep, Ms Rena definitely knows what she wants but of course it isn't always what is the best for her, so she tries to avoid temptation...until temptation comes looking for her.

    @Monica - yep. Gotta have a bit of humor to relieve the tension between Rena and Keisha. Although I do love Keisha, she's as feisty as her big sister.

    @Sara - thanks hun. That's what I was hoping for in all humbleness - to keep the reader intrigued enough to turn the page.

    Okay Off to work on some drawing for my art class. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll check back later.

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have me hooked,,,I can't wait to read more...have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fun six. I'm curious to see what happens next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone who stopped by yesterday to check out my SSS offering. It's greatly appreciated.

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very intriguing - well done. Great six!

    ReplyDelete