Friday, August 14, 2015

Review: The Hobb by Dana Marie Bell



So it's time for my weekly review again. This week I'm diving back into a series I have let languish for too long.  The Grey Court Series by Dana Marie Bell. In the past I've reviewed her Halle Shifter Series, and had totally forgetten about this series. I read the first two or three books a while back and lost track of Ms. Bell in the shuffle of every day life.   So I found this gem lurking on my reader - patiently waiting for me.


Title:The Hob (The Gray Court, Book 4) 
Author: Dana Marie Bell
Length: 264 pages 
Buy Link: Amazon

BLURB: 

Robin Goodfellow has met his match.


The Gray Court, Book 4

When the Black Queen kidnaps one of the White Queen’s nephews, Robin Goodfellow is sent to ensure that the young prince safely returns to the bosom of his family. True to his role as Oberon’s Hobgoblin, he is ready for anything…except meeting his truebond, the very delicious, very humanMichaela Exton.

Michaela has dreamed about a flame-haired rogue named Robin Goodfellow since she was a little girl, but everyone knows Puck doesn’t really exist. In real life, it’s a dark-eyed man named Ringo who makes her heart beat faster.

She is closer to her dream man than she thinks, and nobody knows it better than Robin, who wears the guise of Ringo. But there’s competition for her love in the form of Lord Raven, who holds a secret that will rock the foundation of Robin’s world. As a Black Court delegate does the unthinkable, leaving an enraged, grief-stricken Robin hanging onto his humanity by a thread, only Michaela has the power to bring him back from the killing edge—if she survives.

Review
So, what can I say...once again Ms. Bell, has captured my attention with the wonderful world she created with the Gray Court. This author has an amazing way of making you want to devour each book.  She has reoccurring characters that are as captivating as they are unique.  So when I saw that the Hob's story was available, I actually squealed with joy.  

I fell in love with Robin in Dare To Believe (the first book of the series) The little snippets that the author skillfully scattered through the story as Leo's story unfolds, only whetted my appetite for more.   He's such a fascinating character, that I just knew it would take a special woman to harness the Hob's heart.   And boy was I right.  Michaela is anything but average.  She makes your heart bleed when you find out that she takes care of sick kids, day in and day out.  Then makes you laugh when she goes to a fairy cos -play convention with the most hideous (and I say this effectionately) pair of green sparkly wings.   

But what I love the most is how she takes the all powerful, and dangerous Hob and knocks him on his ass.  She doesn't back down, even when she finds herself attracted to both verisons of him (Ringo and Robin.) 

As always, Ms. Bell has created a story that I can really sink my teeth into, with both strong main characters, and a loveable supporting cast.  Of course, I now want Lord Raven's...(opps almost spoiled Ms. Bell's secret there)  and Big Red's stories.  The former, I see is already available.  But *pouts*  I don't see Red's story....and seeing I've already read the book and the way she ended it...well, I'll be stalking her page for a release date on his book.  While I'll give The Hob a very enthusastic  5 Naughty Cuffs,  you were truly mean to end it the way you did.  











No comments:

Post a Comment