Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Going Solo by Dani Wade

So when I'm not writing I try to squeeze in a bit of reading - and this week I picked up fellow NGWN author, Dani Wade's Goin'Out Solo.  Below is a my review of her book (and FYI - I bought this book - so in noway am I being compensated for my review - it was something I wanted to do!) With that being said, onto the review. 



Title: Goin' Out Solo (A Backstage Pass Novella)
Author: Dani Wade
Length: 88 pages
Buy Links:  Amazon 

BLURB: 

Rock star Nate Hawthorne’s good-guy status is as iconic as his black cowboy hat, despite his personal struggles. Now faced with his own mortality, he must choose whether to continue being the good friend, the good band mate…or risk being very, very bad. 

Sara Drayton has overcome a nightmare childhood to stand on her own merits, even if her overprotective brother can’t see it. Nate has been her forbidden fantasy for years. Now he’s offering her a no-strings weekend at his cabin to fulfill all her desires—except her wish to be his forever. 

Nate knows he’s breaking the rules by taking Sara to bed, but he’s desperate for the peace he can only find through her touch. With death on the horizon, can forbidden love bring one man back from the brink of an uncertain future?

Review


So what should I tell you about this book?  Well, for one keep an hanky ready.  I shed a few tears at the climax of the story.  (And no don't ask me to give away Dani's thunder. If you want to know what happens pick up the book...lol.)  

One thing I will reveal however, is that author did a wonderful job dealing with a sensitive subject, creating characters that lived, breathed and have gone thru hell and back to get where they are.  Both Nate and Sara have their own set of issues, but I still fell in love with them and was rooting for them to make it.  

Another thing I liked as I read was the fact that Dani didn't do the 'quick fix' that I see some authors do. Both Nate and Sara had to grow to make it work. Which I personally think is the cornerstone of any relationship.  

I am ashamed to say, this is the first book in this series I've read, but rest assured I'll be going back to find the earlier books. I need to know their stories too - Dani created a world that I plan on visiting again!   Which is why I'm giving Goin' Out Solo, a Four & Half Naughty Cuffs :)   


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that wonderful review. I will definitely plan to get Going Out Solo.

    Ginger aka robertsonreads

    ReplyDelete