Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ice Cream Brings All the Boys to The Yard Blog Hop



Welcome to the My Ice Cream Brings All The Boys To The Yard blog hop!

This is the first of hopefully many hops, introducing you to some names you know, and some you don't.

Go through the list, and find out what your favorite authors think about their characters! Are they Vanilla? Or Chocolate Peanut Butter?

Get your spoon and get stuck in!!

So this was the challenge...set forth by our fearless leader. If your characters were a type of ice cream...what kind would they be?  Well, considering what I write (BDSM), my characters couldn't be vanilla...or could they?  

Then I remembered my favorite ice cream from my youth.  An ice cream that my grandmother bought from her local grocery (one of those mom and pop places). 


Butter Brickle! 

It was creamy, buttery, almost caramel tasting - and so delicious with its slight crunch.  


Want to know how to make it? CLICK HERE
Which fits most of my Doms to a tee - particularly Kaleb, the Dom in my current WIP.  He is a good solid man.  He loves kids, runs a youth art center and seems like the boy next door.  Dependable, strong and as American as hot apple pie and vanilla ice cream.  Until you peel the layers back to find the Dom hidden underneath. Much like the toffee bits that ribbons the butter toffee ice cream, Kaleb has the ever present desire to take control and please his lovers.  His touch can be gentle as the creamy touch of toffee flavored ice cream on your tongue, or rough as the crunchy bits of toffee.  It all depends upon his lover - and what she needs. 

Now don't forget to hit up the next person on the stop....the lovely Nichole Saints!




©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't had butter brickle in years! He sounds like a great guy with all sorts of mysterious depths. I love that in a character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Love writing complex characters.

      Dakota

      Delete
  2. I love that Kaleb is butter brickle. What an awesome description. No pun intended but I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one.
    Evelise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Kaleb sounds delish-uss!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I find my own Kaleb please? Yummy!

    Thanks for joining the hop!

    kimberlydtalbot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete