Monday, March 17, 2014

A Ritual - no more....

Every writer has their rituals - their favorite drink - whether it be a cup of tea, coffee or soda. It can be simple things like classical music for inspiration, or hard driving metal to get the blood pumping. Or even the drone of the kids watching the latest Bubble Guppies or Paw Patrol episode on Nick Jr.  In my case, it's usually coffee and Paw Patrol that is my ritual.  But I have one other ritual...one that can't be easily replaced as getting up to get another cup of coffee, or flipping the station to find a new episode. Her name was Missi-moo and she's been my writing partner for the past nine years. Whether it was in the heat of summer or the dead cold of winter she could be found either at my feet sleeping or sharing my lap with my computer.  She came into my life as a little ball of fur no bigger than the palm of my hand.  Half rat terrier, half shih tzu, she was a bundle of energy that never ceased to amaze me from the first whimper at the edge of my bed because she couldn't get up...to the very last.  She was more than a family, she was like another child in my already wild house.  So my little heating blanket...you shall sorely be missed.    

Missi-Moo
March 12, 2005 - March 17, 2014


©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

1 comment: