Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review of Dragon's Breath by Kali Willows

BLURB: 

Eternal suffering is the fate dealt to Roark Blackwell. A fierce protector under a curse, he longs for a woman can never have. By day, a hideous stone creature, and by night, a flesh and blood immortal, starving for the touch of a single woman. After centuries of torment, he takes his destiny into his own hands and seeks the help of Madame Evangeline. For a single night, he wants to feed his carnal cravings, but what happens when morning comes? 

Living dangerously comes second nature to Kaida Lee. Struggling with her dark sexual appetite, her fiery temper and her ancient lineage makes finding an ideal match impossible. A descendant of the dragon, she has a genetic burden that no mere mortal could withstand. Having two cousins succeed in romance with the aid of their friend Madame Eve, she seeks satisfaction through the services of 1Night Stand.

BUY LINKS

Dakota's Review

What can I say about this book?  Well, I guess the first thing I should tell you is this.  At one point during this book, if I could've figured out where Ms. Willows was hiding I would've tracked her down and not done some not nice things to her. She actually made me cry. Not cool.  Well, okay it wasn't that bad, but it came close.  And I'm not being mean here.  The reason I say this is, I absolutely fell in love with Kaida and a little bit in lust with Roark.  I loved Kiada's spit-fire, devil take it all attitude and Roark's sweetness was the perfect foil for her.  It was just the right balance for me.  So of course when things weren't going so well for the couple, I wanted to track down a certain author and find out how she could do something so dastardly to these people.   

Of course it wasn't just the emotions I loved about this book, even though they rank up right up there. I also loved the steam between Kaida and Roark.  I swear at times it nearly set my reader on fire - it was that hot.  This book had enough surprises in it to keep me hopping and the secondary characters were wonderful.  I loved seeing one of the characters from the previous books in the series, and of course Kaida's neighbor was a riot. I so want to bribe Ms. Kali into giving Gershom his own story. I wonder if she will take chocolate?  *taps chin thoughtfully*  And if that won't work? I can send Livvy after her. (My muse has a way of making authors do what she wants.)  

In all seriousness however, Ms. Kali has outdone herself with this book, and I look forward to reading more from this author. 

Dakota 


No comments:

Post a Comment