Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guest Blogger: Fayth Devlin


It's Wednesday! And once again I have the please of having another author on my blog for the day.  Please welcome paranormal erotic author, Faith Devlin and her new book, Blood Lust Rising, the first book in the Vampire Queen Trilogy! 

BUY HERE
Blurb:
Blood Lust Rising, The Vampire Queen Trilogy Book 1

Vampire Queen and Demon son – Together they will wreak havoc and total destruction. Or at least, that’s what the prophecy says. When a sex-seething succubus focuses in on Ella Grey, a half-breed vampire and her Shadow Hunting partner, Micah McGregor, a power is released neither can control or comprehend.

A chain of events is triggered, forcing Ella and Micah down a shadowed path riddled with unrestrained passion, violence and betrayal. The truth of Micah’s demonic origins will reveal a heart-breaking conspiracy within the Shadow Agency that once swore to protect humanity from vampires and demons. Ella and Micah are proof that nothing is as it appears. 

Excerpt: (taken from ARe)

“You want me,” Micah said.
Opening my mouth, more than ready to tell him all the reasons why I did not want him, something flickered in the distance. What caught my attention wasn’t a figure, not the vampire we were supposed to be hunting, but more a crackling of energy. 
Wind began to swirl around us. My skin tightened until goose bumps raised the fine hairs on my arms. A portal which allowed demons from other dimensions to cross into ours had just been ripped opened. The pungent scent of brimstone burned my nose. 
Micah and I snapped into mirrored fighting stances. It was another sign we’d spent a little bit too much time training together. 
I concentrated on the darkness and shoved my senses forward without an ounce of finesse. Things came at me in a bumpy rush, almost too overwhelming to process.
The sudden stench of decay was more than I could stomach. But, there on the horizon, I fixated on an old mausoleum and let the scent of sulfur and death fade into the background. The stone walls of the crypt were cracked and covered in a layer of green ivy. To the right of the edifice was an angelic statue, the white marble turned ivory with age. Between the two, a thick layer of opaque fog hugged the ground as it rolled into view. The haze crept forward, billowing and pulsing with every consuming inch. 
A sudden humidity weighted the air. My skin grew clammy, my clothes clinging. The temperature went from almost freezing to smoldering. Steam curled from the ground to thicken the approaching fog. 
I stepped in front of Micah. “Stay back.”
In one of those lightning quick moves, he grabbed my arm and yanked me roughly behind him. “And miss the fight? I don’t think so. This one’s mine.”
Before I could open my mouth to argue, a need more fierce then I could have ever imagined slammed into me. My head was thick, heavy, and all I could think of was Micah’s hard cock pounding into me, making me scream. 
“Fuck,” Micah hissed. 
He turned to me. The look in his eyes was carnal and hungry. The expression on his face was feral and terrifying. My insides clenched and the rush of moisture between my thighs made the need unbearable. Micah’s gaze enveloped my breasts, and the hard, tight peaks of my nipples. I could see the strain in every muscle that tensed and released in the hollows below his cheekbones, but he eventually met my eyes. We both swallowed.
I need you, his eyes said.
I’m yours, my eyes responded.
“Succubus.” Our breathy words echoed simultaneously. 
As if the words conjured it, the demon emerged from the mist, looking ethereal and more delicate than any sex-sucking bitch from hell had a right to be. I wanted to look away and I couldn’t. I stepped closer. 
The succubus moved effortlessly through the thick haze. Roiling behind her with each step, long black hair floated above the mist. The strands moved in an unnatural tandem with the flaps of her shimmering robe. Through her pale, translucent skin I could still see the outline of the angelic statue in the distance like a double exposure. 
She looked at me. Not at me; through me. She stared into the darkest parts of me with eyes that were rich, swirling rings of color. The outer rim was royal blue, the middle a shimmering green and where a black pupil should have been there was a gold spiraling center. The curve of her mouth turned up and the look on her face promised nothing but pure, undiluted sin.
My fingers loosened around the knife I hadn’t remembered pulling out. The weapon thudded, along with Micah’s gun, to the ground. Invisible fingers moved along my jaw, tickled down my shoulder and pulled at my hand. The warm sensation beckoned me closer to the danger ahead. I forced my eyes away from the still-smiling demon to glance at Micah. 
Unable to move, I watched him go to her, his trembling fingers outstretched and reaching. Each step he took was jerky and uneven. I got the distinct impression half of him was fighting to move in the opposite direction. His eyes, his beautiful eyes, were now glazed over with a filmy gray shimmer. 
We were so screwed.

Author Bio:
Fayth Devlin wrote her first horror story when she was ten, penned with neon pink ink in a loose-leafed binder. Captivated by romantic literature, yet intrigued by the paranormal, she continues to develop her own voice, writing the kind of stories that inspired her as a teen.

Her current novel, Blood Lust Rising, exemplifies what Fayth most enjoys about the Paranormal Romance genre, a reading experience that both quickens the heart and tingles the spine.

Fayth Devlin was born and raised in Southern California, where she presently resides with her husband and three sons. She is currently working on the final book in her Vampire Queen Trilogy and the first novel in a brand new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment