Friday, July 24, 2015

Review: Intimidator (Preyfinders - Book 2) by Cari Silverwood



So when I'm not writing I try to squeeze in a bit of reading - and this week I tried a new to me author.  I found this book thru a fellow Excessica author's (the lovely Candace Blevins)  Facebook feed.  To say I'm not disappointed is an understatement. While the love story is more than apparent...the sex was rough and sizzling...but I'll tell you more about that in the review.  All I can say right now is thank you to Candace for turning me on to another delicious author to feed my paranormal addiction.  




Title: Intimidator (Preyfinders - Book 2)
Author: Cari Silverwood
Length: 207 pages
Buy Link: Amazon

BLURB: 

Willow has her hands full scraping out a life in a grungy neighborhood where drugs and crime are the norm. Life is hard, but it’s about to get harder. Being transformed into a sexual pet for an alien warrior may be her only way out.

But Stom, the man she’s been awarded to as a battle honor, has no use for a female, not when his heart is still in a million pieces.

Though the need to be Stom’s mate is overwhelming her, mending his heart isn’t going to be enough. His enemies are searching, looking for the women who are more than they seem, and she’s in their hands before she discovers she’s more-than-human.

Sometimes it sucks to be a chosen one.

Review

So not only is this series new to me, so is it's author.  However, I can't say that I have been disappointed. First, off let me warn you however that some may take offense with the mere idea of Preyfinding (there is a chemical exchange between the hunter and his 'pet' that some might say borders on non-consent) However I found it to be a spicy topping to the solid world building that Ms. Silverwood created.  

But then again I love BDSM and some of the rougher aspects of it (in my reading material only - in real life I'm more a BDSM lite type of girl).  I find the idea of thrill of the hunt where the master chases down his 'pet' then claims her to be very...shall we say squirmy - lol.  

Even so, with all the steamy sex and power exchanges going on, Ms Silverwood managed to pack an action packed plot into Intimidator. I love the sci-fi thing she has going on, as the heroes conquer the factory queens.  In this second book, I found myself drawn to the culture that the author created as Stom warred with his instincts and a vow he took years ago.  

While I won't give away Ms. Silverwood's thunder, I will say his struggle kept me on the edge of my seat - making me at times want to cheer him on, and at others looking for the nearest blunt object to bend over his stubborn head.  He's just that type of character. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and give it a four and half naughty cuffs.  The only draw back I had is....that I was sad when the story ended - but not because of where the author left it....but because damnit I want Talia's and Brask's story!  July 28th can't come soon enough!







No comments:

Post a Comment