Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spanking A - Z Challenge: [J}oking Around

Okay here's the scoop, I've joined the Spanking Challenge A-Z. The idea is to start with A and make your way through the alphabet, a letter a day. So this is how it will work. I will post a new letter each day...except on Saturdays which is already full with two other weekly posts. By the end of the month, I should reach Z...so why not join me and root me on?  

A word of warning however...although it's not necessarily supposed to be sexually themed challenge - just an effort to get me blogging more frequently, Livvy may have other ideas.  We all know that rascally muse of mine won't let me get away with posting something mundane or platonic, so don't be surprised if most, if not all my posts have a sexual vibe to them. 

With that being said....lets welcome letter J!


So today's post has to do with joking around.  For those of you who don't know me, you'll be surprised to find, I love a good laugh. For whatever reason my quirky sense of humor finds it's way into my stories each and every time.  I love to read romantic comedies and when writing I can't help but poke fun at my characters when I feel the tension is running just a bit too high for my liking.  And no character is safe - even my be tough Doms sometimes find themselves at the receiving end of my off-beat humor.  I'm sure they don't find it all that funny.  Good thing that my character's aren't real, I'd probably end up in a lot of trouble.  

Like the time I thought it would all in good fun to trap several characters in my Doms of Chicago, inside of Gabriel's Restaurant during a nasty ice storm. Because of the weather, they are running on back up power while waiting for the roads to clear. Which probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't decided that it was ideal time for Zhenya to have her baby. (See you gotta understand, she's the heroine...and Gabriel...well he's my stubborn Dom who swore he's never gonna love again. I had to do SOMETHING to get them together.) Anyway I love his reaction.  Poor Gabriel. 

Snippet: 


He was turning to check on the kitchen staff when Nisey came rushing out of the back hall. He frowned. He’d asked her to stay with Kalinda and Zhenya.

“What are you doing? Didn’t I ask you to stay with…?”

She came to halt in front of him. “Yes, you did. But I’m not delivering this baby by myself.” She grabbed him by the arm and started to drag him back down the hall.

“Whoa…did you say baby?” He dug his feet in.

She glared up at him. “Yes. Zhenya’s water broke and I’ll be damned if I’m going to deliver it by myself.”

“But what about Kalinda?” His brain whirled. He couldn’t deliver Zhenya’s baby.

“She’s of no help. She passed out on the floor. Zhenya isn’t panicking, but I am! So you’re gonna deliver this baby with me.”

"Wait! She can't have the baby here!"



 I know...I'm mean.  So sue me.  Anyway...be sure to hit up the rest of the blogs today!  

Dakota 








©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment