Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Snippets #3


Hey Peeps, time for another glimpse into my current WIP for No Boundaries Press.  Don't forget to stop back here to check out what the rest of the peeps in this bloghop are doing. (If you're looking for Six Sentence Sunday - check the post below this one :D)   In this snippet we're joining our heroine Emma as she's preparing to leave her family home - and is dealing with Lettie her childhood nanny.  Enjoy!
Emma forced a smile but could tell by her nanny’s look that she wasn’t buying it.  “I hear you’re accompanying me to my new home?”   She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. Giving her nanny the impression that all was well – was the only thing Emma could do.  If the woman suspected Emma’s urge to flee, or even her plan of escape on their trip to Edinburgh she’d try to  talk her out of it.
“Of course, I am. But I don’t want to talk about the trip.” Lettie’s work roughened hands wrapped around her arms – a familiar if not somewhat soothing gesture.  “He roused the wolf, didn’t he?” 
Bitterness welled up inside her. “It doesn’t matter if he did or not.  He doesn’t want her or me.  The plans my father have put in motion have not been altered.  I will go to Edinburgh and mate with Angus Donnghal.  And perhaps one day have his pups if the good Lord is willing.”
Lettie frowned at her.  “Emma, sweetie...you can’t give up. If he’s your mate – fight for him until he has no choice but to accept you.” 
Arching her eyebrow at Lettie, she pulled free of the woman. “And live with a man who I know doesn’t want me or love me the way I know I will end up loving him.  That’s a sure recipe for disaster. I can’t…”
An evil giggle escaped Lettie, making her look years younger than her fifty some years.  “I didn’t say anything about you bowing down to him, child.  As his mate you can make his life a living hell until he’s justifiably repentant.”
Emma shook her head in disbelief. “You are an evil woman, Lettie.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment