Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Random Tuesday {9}: Crocheting...a thing of the past?





So it's been awhile since I've posted a Random Tuesday post. I've been horribly slack about my blog as of late. Too much going on with the holiday madness and recovering from walking pneumonia.  Can't remember the last time I was that sick.  I think all I did was sleep for days on end. 

Anyway, this post has been long overdue for some time, and what is the most random thing I've been thinking of....crocheting, of all things.  Believe it or not, I was started learning this old fashioned craft as a young girl at my grandmother's knee.  (Random fact: even though I'm left handed I crochet right - since Grandma Powers was right handed.) 

It must be because I work at a large box retailer and I keep passing by all the yarn displays they have in our fabrics and crafts areas.  Or maybe it's because my aunt displayed another one of her beautiful afghans on Facebook again.  (She makes totally awesome blankets.)  Below is a couple of my favorites.  

A baby afghan she's been working on..

This is a traditional granny square blanket...love this style.  It was the first type of blanket I made....

Love this one cause I can only imagine how hard it was to make the logo in the center of it.  Totally awesome.



Or maybe it's the fact I was cleaning my room today and found one of my crochet hooks on the floor.   

Is it a sign that I need to once more pick up the hook and make something? I don't know...but perhaps a special someone will get something a bit homemade for Valentines Day. Only time will tell. :) 

Dakota 








No comments:

Post a Comment