Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Journey {2}: Week Two - Bring On the Yoga

So last week I mentioned I started an overhaul of my lifestyle. Trying to be more active and eating healthier in hopes of being a better me.  Where am I now, fourteen days later?  Well, in a bit of pain.  The yoga I started last week has been kicking my butt.  For a low impact exercise, it's amazing how much the muscles get a work out.  FYI...downward dog may have felt great at the beginning of my workout, but let me tell you ten days later of doing along with the leg lift behind me should be classified as a form of torture.  And don't get me started on Warrior Two. I've fallen so many times in this last week that I'm surprised I don't have bruises on top of my bruises.


Bryce and Briohny Smyth

I will have to say, however, I love my video instructor. Briohny Smyth is a wonderful instructor and her yoga series on Daily Burn is wonderful for a beginner like me.  She actually takes the time explain step by step how to do each movement. I'm excited. I get to do my first full flow practice tonight.  While I'm sure I don't look as graceful as she does, I feel great when I'm done. (The sore muscles come in the morning when I roll out of my bed.)

So in the end what has all this healthy eating and exercise gotten me?   Well, I've cut 6.4 lbs in the last two weeks. Clothes that were tight are now looser and overall?  I have more energy, am sleeping better and feel good.  So I'll take the sore muscles.  



©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment