|CLICK HERE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS|
So why do I feel so strongly about this? Simple. I have two sisters - one which happens to be bi-sexual and the other who's a lesbian. Do I love them any less for their sexual orientation? Nope. In fact, I support my middle sister's decision to marry her girl-friend, (we happen to live in a state where gays can legally marry) and they have a beautiful thriving daughter.
But even if I didn't have family who fit into this mold, I don't think sexual orientation has anything to do with how a family functions, a relationship works between them and their lovers, nor how they do their jobs. It simply doesn't matter. A person's sexual orientation is only one part of their personalty has always been my mantra. And it's one which I've passed on down to my kids. And so far it's worked, my son, Michael is now in high school - a sophomore in fact, and he has two friends that are gay and one which happens to be bi-sexual...and he has absolutely no problem with it! Which shows me that the racism against homosexuality has to be taught. But enough of that...I've been on my soap box long enough.
Now for the fun part of my post....I'd thought I'd have some fun trivia.* I'm going to list some traits of some famous or "infamous" gay people and see if you can guess who they are. (no worries the answers will be listed at the end of the post.)
And regardless of how many you get right or wrong, please comment below in the Rafflecopter for a chance to win a 2 copies of my m/m books: Ace's Desire (which is currently out and features a Tuskegee Airman and his lover.) And a book which will be coming out in the fall which includes a triad (m/m/f) Her Wolfen Claiming from No Boundaries Press. (I'll be send this out as soon as I get my ARC of it.) I'll be giving away 3 copies of Ace's Desire and 2 of Her Wolfen Claiming :) Just tell me what your favorite M/M series is. Mine are Lee Brazil'ss Truth or Dare series and Kim Dare's Thrown to the Lions series.
Enjoy the trivia.
1. She is an American author and photographer. She wrote the book, The Word is Out, with her mother, and later her brother based a documentary on it. Who is She?
2. He is an American actor, who has appeared in series such as Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, My Two Dads and has a twin sister named Charity. He also co-founded the The Creative Outlet Theatre. Who is he?
3. He was born in Odense during the 19th century and was a playright and storyteller. Some of his more famous works were The Ugly Duckling and the Emperor's New Clothes. Who is he?
4. She was an American suffragette and feminist, born in 1820 - and her likeness also appeared on an odd shaped dollar coin from 1979 until the new coin was released featuring Sacajawea. Who is she?
5. An Italian fashion designer who had a sexual relationship with his partner who happened to be 11 years younger than him. Who is he?
and last but not least...we reach back into antiquity....for this tidbit.
6. He was the King of Macedonia, and took his childhood friend, Hephaestion as his lover. He died at the young age of 32, less than a year after his lover's death. He was also protrayed by Colin Farrell in a 2004 movie bearing his name. Who is he?
So how did you do? The answers are below.
1. Nancy Adair
2. Chad Allen
3 Hans Christian Anderson
4. Susan B. Anthony
5. Giorgio Armani
6. Alexander the Great
*the trivia was taken from http://www.famousandgay.com/